Guest viewing is limited

Video Tutorial Ear Training & Aural Skills, Part 3 Melodies (1 Viewer)

V

Video789

b7598044d5989353ac3ca1e35b97aef4.jpeg

Last updated 4/2022
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz
Language: English | Size: 2.82 GB | Duration: 3h 14m
Mastering the art of learning music by ear on any instrument.​

Mastering the art of learning music by ear on any instrument.
What you'll learn
Students will be able to learn melodies from popular songs by ear.
Students will be able to notate music by ear after finishing this class.
Students will be able to identify intervals by ear after finishing this class.
Students will have an unlimited supply of practice materials after this course.
Students will develop skills for listening, repeating, and writing music down completely by ear.
Requirements
Students in this class will be expected to know the basics of music notation and music theory.
While it is not required, students are strong recommended to have completed Ear Training & Aural Skills, Part 1: Rhythms prior to this class.
While it is not required, students are strong recommended to have completed Ear Training & Aural Skills, Part 2: Intervals prior to this class.
Description
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor. Are you a music maker, performer, composer, or aspiring songwriter looking to up your game? This is the place to start.Ear Training and Aural Skills is the practice of learning to play music by ear, learning to notate music by ear, and learning to understand music on a deeper level just by hearing it. In this class we are going to learn techniques for listening, analyzing, and notating music (writing it down) just by listening. Perfect Pitch is not required.If you don't know me, I've published a lot of music theory classes here. Those classes have been really successful, and the number one request I've been getting from students is to make an Ear Training sequence of classes. So here it is! This series will have 6 parts: Part 1: RhythmsPart 2: IntervalsPart 3: Melodies (This one!)Part 4: Diatonic HarmonyPart 5: Chromatic MelodiesPart 6: Chromatic HarmonyEach of these classes comes with about 4 hours of training, and a LOT of things to practice with. And of course, access to me with any questions you have at any time. Here is a list of some of the topics we will cover in this class (Part 3, melodies):Identifying phrases rather than individual notesLooking for "Pillars" in a melody as anchor points.Using Scales and Scale Fragments to help identify a series of notes.Identifying certain scales that will be helpful to melodic dictation.Working with chords and arpeggiosIdentifying a chord outline and implied harmonyNotating a Melody by Ear27 Unique melodies to practice with (including downloadable files)And Much, Much, More!My Promise to You:I am a full-time Music composer and Educator. If you have any questions please post them in the class or send me a direct message. I will respond within 24 hours. And if you find this class isn't for you, I am more than happy for you to take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.What makes me qualified to teach you?In addition to being a composer and educator, I also have a Ph.D. in music, am a university music professor, and have a long list of awards for teaching. But more importantly: I use this stuff every day. I write music professionally, I am an active guitarist, and I stay on top of all the latest techniques, workflows, and styles. As you will see in this class, I just love this stuff. And I love teaching it.You will not have another opportunity to learn Ear Training in a more comprehensive way than this.Let's get started! See you in lesson 1. All best, Jason (but call me Jay...)
Overview
Section 1: Welcome & Introduction
Lecture 1 Introduction
Lecture 2 What We Know So Far
Lecture 3 Our Goal for This Class: Melodies
Lecture 4 Tools We Will Use
Lecture 5 This is Not Kung-Fu
Section 2: Identifying Words, Not Letters
Lecture 6 Interval Recognition
Lecture 7 Familiar "Riffs"
Lecture 8 Looking for "Pillars"
Lecture 9 Identifying Scale Fragments
Lecture 10 Identifying Chord Outlines or Arpeggios
Section 3: Working with Scales and Scale Fragments
Lecture 11 Example
Lecture 12 Answers
Lecture 13 Connect The Dots
Lecture 14 Example
Lecture 15 Answers
Lecture 16 How to Hear Scale Fragments
Lecture 17 5 Scales We Care About the Most
Lecture 18 The Major Scale
Lecture 19 The Natural Minor Scale
Lecture 20 The Pentatonic Minor Scale
Lecture 21 The Pentatonic Major Scale
Lecture 22 The Chromatic Scale
Lecture 23 Website for Scale Practice
Section 4: Identifying Scale Fragments in Shifting Directions
Lecture 24 Example
Lecture 25 Answers
Lecture 26 "Pillars" in Shifting Directions
Lecture 27 Filling in the Missing Notes
Lecture 28 Example & Walkthrough
Lecture 29 Example
Lecture 30 Answers
Section 5: Melodies for Practice
Lecture 31 Tips For Dictation
Lecture 32 Practice
Lecture 33 Answer
Lecture 34 Practice
Lecture 35 Answer
Lecture 36 Practice
Lecture 37 Answer
Lecture 38 Practice
Lecture 39 Answer
Lecture 40 Practice
Lecture 41 Answer
Lecture 42 Practice
Lecture 43 Answer
Lecture 44

Download Melodies for Practice
Section 6: Working with Chords and Arpeggios
Lecture 45 "Feeling" The Harmony in a Melody
Lecture 46 Tonic Triads
Lecture 47 Dominant Triads
Lecture 48 Example
Lecture 49 Answer
Lecture 50 Other Triads
Section 7: Practice - Anything Goes!
Lecture 51 Using These Practice Videos
Lecture 52 Practice
Lecture 53 Practice
Lecture 54 Practice
Lecture 55 Practice
Lecture 56 Practice
Lecture 57 Practice
Lecture 58 Practice
Lecture 59 Practice
Lecture 60 Practice
Lecture 61 Practice
Lecture 62 Practice
Lecture 63 Practice
Lecture 64 Practice
Lecture 65 Practice
Lecture 66 Practice
Lecture 67 Practice
Lecture 68[DOWNLOAD] All The Practice Melodies
Section 8: Wrap Up
Lecture 69 What Comes Next?
Lecture 70 Thanks for Watching!
Lecture 71 Bonus Lecture
Anyone interested in improving their ear, voice, or musicianship should take this class!,Anyone who wants to understand music at the deepest of levels should take this course.,Students who are taking (or plan to take) a college music theory course will greatly benefit from this class.,Students who have taken my Music Theory Comprehensive course that want to reinforce those skills through playing, singing, and dictation should take this course.

Fikper

rapidgator.png

uploadgig.png

nitroflare.png

Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction

Users who are viewing this thread

33,504Threads
45,493Messages
8,493Members
mupetLatest member