Guest viewing is limited

eBooks A Writer Prepares (1 Viewer)

D

Devpoint.one

A Writer Prepares

Free Download Lawrence Block, "A Writer Prepares"
English | 2021 | ASIN: B08XQXH432 | 286 pages | EPUB | 1.2 MB
From the Author:​

Sometime in 1953, I knew with unusual certainty what I intended to do with my life. I would become a writer.
By the time I was 25, I had a wife and two daughters and a house in a suburb. I had published over fifty books. Most of these bore pen names, and for a time I resisted acknowledging my early pseudonymous work. Then, in one astonishing and feverish week in 1994, I recalled those early years in fifty thousand words of memoir.
A publisher contracted to bring out my memoir once I'd completed it. Instead I put it on a shelf and never looked at it again. Early in 2020, I had a fresh look at A WRITER PREPARES. And I went back to work on it. By the time I was ready to stop, I'd written about my life as a writer well into 1966, when I'd completed The Thief Who Couldn't Sleep.
A WRITER PREPARES, an examination of the first quarter century of one writer's life, is arguably the work of two writers. There's the middle-aged fellow who wrote about half of it at a blistering pace in 1994, and there's the octogenarian who finished the job another quarter century later. The older fellow brought less raw energy to the task, and his memory is a long way from infallible, but one can only hope he's offset these losses with a slight edge in judgment, in perspective, in maturity. (I was about to add wisdom, but that might be a bridge too far.)

Fikper

Rapidgator

NitroFlare

Uploadgig

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

Users who are viewing this thread

33,484Threads
45,473Messages
8,493Members
mupetLatest member